Loaves & Fishes/Friendship Trays Campaign Update
Thank You, Thank You!!!
An update on the Holy Comforter May campaign to support Loaves & Fishes/Friendship Trays (LFFT):
In May, we set a lofty goal of raising $100,000 over a 3-year period in order to “do our part” and help kick off the LFFT capital campaign to refurbish an old warehouse in the middle of the food-insecure crescent of Charlotte/Mecklenburg. Feeding people has been in our DNA since 1975 when Loaves & Fishes was started in Holy Comforter’s kitchen. So, it wasn’t much of a stretch to think we might be able to make this work. Back in May, we asked you to STEP UP and give from your heart – and you did just that - like you have so many other times through the years.
We are very proud, very grateful and very pleased to report that with combined gifts & pledges, we have reached our $100,000 goal!! And we can further honor our Holy Comforter heritage because now we officially have the naming rights for the lobby of the onsite food pantry that will be located in the new facility.
As Mac said in church on Sunday, although we achieved our goal, there is still a great need for funds at Loaves & Fishes/Friendship Trays. Food costs have skyrocketed and this year there have been a 21% increase in demand for Friendship Trays and a 26% increase in demand for Loaves & Fishes. Please consider joining your fellow parishioners and being part of our Holy Comforter campaign. See your donation options below or contact one of us.
Edie Livingstone and Mac Redfern
- By check - make check payable to Holy Comforter and on the memo line write “LFFT NOURISHMECK” – drop it off, put it in the Sunday collection plate, or mail to Holy Comforter, 2701 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209.
- Pledge your commitment over a 3-year period (download pledge form here).
- Submit online payment through Realm and designate the LFFT campaign.
- Submit online payment through PayPal at Holy Comforter's “Give Now” page and designate the LFFT campaign.
- Securities contributions - Email Holly Williams or call her at 704-332-4171.
Tags: News and Events