Room in the Inn
We take Jesus' command to shelter our neighbors seriously at Holy Comforter.
As part of our Outreach to the community, we shelter homeless men, women and families on Saturday evenings from November through March through Room in the Inn. We also assist the Men’s Shelter of Charlotte (as we did with their Father's Day wallet collection shown in the photo above), and work with Crisis Assistance Ministry, Charlotte Family Housing and the YWCA throughout the year.
Our Room in the Inn Season
runs through March 2017
Sign up to volunteer for Room In the Inn at this link.
The complete RITI Instruction Booklet for the Winter 2016-2017 season can be found here.
Making dinner? Here are some helpful recipes and ideas for those volunteering to host dinner!
Holy Comforter continues our winter ministry of providing food and overnight shelter for our homeless neighbors.
Six important things to know about Room in the Inn:
- Holy Comforter shelters 12 people each Saturday night to Sunday morning, December through March, and each weekend we need about 14 volunteers.
- Each weekend will be sponsored by a group within the church, but ...
- You don't have to be a member of that group to serve.
- There are many opportunities to serve, both large and small.
- Anything you want to know is in the RITI Manual on our church website.
- This year, you can sign up online to volunteer!
Three ways to sign up: